#fedora-meeting-1: F27 Final and Server Beta Go/No-Go meeting

Meeting started by jkurik at 17:00:49 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. Roll Call (jkurik, 17:01:05)
  2. Purpose of this meeting (jkurik, 17:02:49)
    1. Purpose of this meeting is to check whether or not F27 Final and F27 Server Beta are ready for shipment, according to the release criteria. (jkurik, 17:02:55)
    2. This is determined in a few ways: (jkurik, 17:03:01)
    3. * Release candidate compose is available (jkurik, 17:03:07)
    4. * No remaining blocker bugs (jkurik, 17:03:13)
    5. * Test matrices for Beta are fully completed (jkurik, 17:03:18)

  3. Current status (jkurik, 17:03:23)
    1. RC for the F27 Final is not yet ready. (jkurik, 17:05:45)
    2. RC for the F27 Server Beta is not yet ready. (jkurik, 17:05:52)
    3. As we have no RCs there are subsequently no Test Matrices for the F27 Final nor F27 Server Beta. (jkurik, 17:07:50)

  4. Mini-Blocker Review (jkurik, 17:09:19)
    1. starting with F27 Final proposed blockers (adamw, 17:10:07)

  5. (1505090) In text installation mode,unable to continue installation without selecting any add-ons (adamw, 17:10:24)
    1. https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1505090 (adamw, 17:10:24)
    2. Proposed Blocker, anaconda, POST (adamw, 17:10:24)
    3. AGREED: 1505090 - RejectedBlocker (Final) AcceptedFreezeException (Final) - so far as we understand this, as it involves source selection, is specific to text mode and can be worked around by tweaking the package selection it is not a blocker, but we grant FE status as it's an installer issue that can't be fixed with an update (adamw, 17:31:59)

  6. (1506479) unable to boot into the former existing system after do another shrink installation (adamw, 17:32:07)
    1. https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1506479 (adamw, 17:32:07)
    2. Proposed Blocker, anaconda, NEW (adamw, 17:32:07)
    3. AGREED: 1506479 - RejectedBlocker (Final) - this involves a scenario (dual-install of two Fedora 27 flavors) which is not covered by the release criteria at all, therefore rejected (adamw, 17:38:38)

  7. (1506509) workstation system is out of network when double installed with server system (adamw, 17:38:46)
    1. https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1506509 (adamw, 17:38:46)
    2. Proposed Blocker, anaconda, NEW (adamw, 17:38:46)
    3. AGREED: 1506509 - RejectedBlocker (Final) - this involves a scenario (dual-install of two Fedora 27 flavors) which is not covered by the release criteria at all, therefore rejected (adamw, 17:42:59)

  8. (1504059) Include Firefox 57 at compose (adamw, 17:43:05)
    1. https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1504059 (adamw, 17:43:05)
    2. Proposed Blocker, distribution, NEW (adamw, 17:43:05)
    3. https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/1783 <- is the fesco ticket right ? (jkurik, 17:44:49)
    4. we are still waiting for a fully-ratified, doubleplus-bureaucratized fesco decision (adamw, 17:47:36)

  9. (1495509) [abrt] dnfdragora-gui: perform(): __init__.py:250:_handle_dbus_error:dnfdaemon.client.DaemonError: g-io-error-quark: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Python.dnf.exceptions.RepoError: Traceback (most recent call last): (adamw, 17:48:10)
    1. https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1495509 (adamw, 17:48:10)
    2. Proposed Blocker, dnfdragora, NEW (adamw, 17:48:10)
    3. AGREED: 1495509 - RejectedBlocker AcceptedFreezeException (Final) - this is rejected as a blocker: it only occurs when no network connection is available, and we think that makes it not important enough to block the release. however we grant an FE as it would still be nice to avoid such crashes in live and freshly-installed systems if possible, but we will only push a fix if it seems fairly small and safe (adamw, 18:06:30)

  10. (1506052) Package build of official release notes required for Fedora 27 Final (adamw, 18:06:45)
    1. https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1506052 (adamw, 18:06:45)
    2. Proposed Blocker, fedora-release-notes, NEW (adamw, 18:06:45)
    3. AGREED: 1506052 - AcceptedBlocker (Final) - there's a bit of a backstory about exactly what we want to require with regard to release notes, but at least the inclusion of outdated release notes in the repos and some media is clearly against both the existing criterion and our generally-agreed intent, so this is accepted as a blocker (adamw, 18:21:41)

  11. (1505906) Disable f27 updates testing repo for F27 final (adamw, 18:21:54)
    1. https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1505906 (adamw, 18:21:54)
    2. Proposed Blocker, fedora-repos, ON_QA (adamw, 18:21:54)
    3. AGREED: 1505906 - AcceptedBlocker (Final) - this is a clear violation of "A fedora-release package containing the correct names, information and repository configuration for a final Fedora release must be present on release-blocking images and the appropriately versioned generic-release package must be available in the release repository" (adamw, 18:27:14)

  12. (1496489) After upgrading to Fedora 27: Failed to Update - Too many results returned (adamw, 18:28:31)
    1. https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1496489 (adamw, 18:28:31)
    2. Proposed Blocker, gnome-software, MODIFIED (adamw, 18:28:31)
    3. AGREED: 1496489 - RejectedBlocker AcceptedFreezeException (Final) - this doesn't actually break the upgrade process so it doesn't constitute a blocker, but we think it's worth an FE just to avoid the issue hitting people who upgrade before the 0-day update push (adamw, 18:31:50)

  13. (1506050) spin-kickstarts package build needed for Fedora 27 final (adamw, 18:31:56)
    1. https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1506050 (adamw, 18:31:56)
    2. Proposed Blocker, spin-kickstarts, NEW (adamw, 18:31:57)
    3. AGREED: 1506050 - AcceptedBlocker (Final) - clear violation of "A spin-kickstarts package which contains the exact kickstart files used to build the release must be present in the release repository. The included kickstarts must define the correct set of release repositories." (adamw, 18:38:35)
    4. we have a couple of proposed Final freeze exceptions (adamw, 18:39:03)

  14. (1471401) SELinux is preventing systemd from read, write access on the chr_file /dev/input/event9. (adamw, 18:39:13)
    1. https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1471401 (adamw, 18:39:13)
    2. Proposed Freeze Exceptions, selinux-policy, MODIFIED (adamw, 18:39:13)
    3. AGREED: 1471401 - AcceptedFreezeException (Final) - it'd be good to avoid some commonly-encountered AVCs for the final release (adamw, 18:48:53)

  15. (1499170) ibus not working in fresh Workstation Live install with user account setup in gnome-initial-setup (adamw, 18:49:00)
    1. https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1499170 (adamw, 18:49:00)
    2. Proposed Freeze Exceptions, selinux-policy-targeted, NEW (adamw, 18:49:00)
    3. AGREED: 1499170 - AcceptedFreezeException (Final) - the impact of this is quite bad for a specific subset of users, can't be fixed with an update as it affects initial install and boot, and the fix should be safe as it will be an SELinux policy loosening (adamw, 18:55:24)

  16. Test Matrices coverage (jkurik, 18:57:46)
    1. As there are no RCs yet, Test matrices are not ready as well and we are skipping the Test Matrices coverage check. (jkurik, 18:57:52)

  17. Go/No-Go decision (jkurik, 18:57:57)
    1. AGREED: Due to missing RC for the F27 Server Beta release the decision is “No Go”. The F27 Server Beta release slips for one week. F27 Server Final GA date slip to the Final Rain date 2017-Dec-19. (jkurik, 19:06:46)
    2. AGREED: Due to missing RC for the F27 Final release the decision is “No Go”. The GA date for the F27 Final release moves from Target date to Rain date, which is 2017-Nov-07. (jkurik, 19:08:44)
    3. ACTION: jkurik to publish the Go/No-Go result (jkurik, 19:08:53)
    4. ACTION: jkurik to organize the Go/No-Go meeting on Thursday, November 2nd at 17:00UTC (jkurik, 19:09:08)

  18. Open floor (jkurik, 19:09:22)

Meeting ended at 19:10:07 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. jkurik to publish the Go/No-Go result
  2. jkurik to organize the Go/No-Go meeting on Thursday, November 2nd at 17:00UTC

Action items, by person

  1. jkurik
    1. jkurik to publish the Go/No-Go result
    2. jkurik to organize the Go/No-Go meeting on Thursday, November 2nd at 17:00UTC

People present (lines said)

  1. adamw (156)
  2. jkurik (93)
  3. sgallagh (72)
  4. zodbot (13)
  5. contyk (7)
  6. mboddu (7)
  7. geppetto (7)
  8. stickster (6)
  9. mkolman (6)
  10. gholms (5)
  11. rashmi (2)
  12. smooge (1)
  13. satellit (1)
  14. rnargund (0)
  15. nirik (0)
  16. tmlcoch (0)

Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.